Food, Community And All Things Sustainable

June 15, 2008

Bike

The bike is out of the shop and back home! What joy - now I can bike downtown to my favorite coffee shop and just ride for the pleasure of it. I don't know if it's just me, but there seems to be a lot more bikes on the roads these days.

Each Saturday I marvel at the number of bikes at the farmers' market and how the ingenious bikers stow their purchases. When the baskets or panniers are full, they turn to a back pack or a quickly purchased cloth market bag to sling over the handle bars. There's been plenty of rhubarb and tomato plants peeking out of baskets in the past couple weeks. I see that and I try to imagine what the rhubarb coffee cake or pie or cake with taste like. And how delicious those tomatoes will be.

No comments: