Food, Community And All Things Sustainable

October 17, 2010

Feeding the Hunters

Pheasant hunting is a big deal in South Dakota.  And so is feeding all the hunters who flood into our community, especially for the first couple weeks of the 12-week season. 

So along those lines, the good folks at the Kimball Protestant Parish, which in itself is worth a post because they are three denominations who worship together, are putting on a pork feed. 

I volunteered "to work" this event, so my part is show up early to cut bars, fill water pitchers and coffee carafes and then work the tables pouring these two beverages.  I can't wait!  And I mean it.  This will be so much fun!

Yesterday I met guys who've been coming to our little town to hunt for the past 50 years!  Oh, the stories I heard.

No comments: