Food, Community And All Things Sustainable

December 7, 2010

Trying a little experiment

If you know me, you know I like trying new things. I've become a huge fan and user of Face Book - the cream of social networking as far as I'm concerned. And how, exactly, do I benefit from such a venture?

Well, let me tell you...I've been able to stay in contact with folks in the other places I've lived. I stay in touch with folks I've met in one place or another. And, I have friends on Face Book that I've never met face to face.  I know some people disagree with that. But where else would I meet and have the opportunity to have a conversation with a young design professional in....let's say Mumbai, India?  We chat every once-in-a-while, and I get to see some of the most upbeat and fresh designs ever--something I truly enjoy.

The very best part of social networking is the fact that I can help build social and economic networks. And really, that's it in a nutshell for me - building relationships and networks, having quick exchanges of ideas and most importantly having just plain ol' fun.

So, along those lines, here's a really cool, new Face Book site to check out and "friend."  Kimball, South Dakota features nice little tidbits and news about my new hometown.  And no, I'm not the person behind the site.  I'm one of the persons behind the person behind the site.  So let's all give some support to that person.  A "like" would be appreciated.

No comments: