Food, Community And All Things Sustainable

April 12, 2010

The importance of story in your life

While checking my Twitter account today, I ran across an interesting challenge from Chris Brogan. The challenge is blog about the importance of story in your life, complete a form and perhaps receive a free copy of Donald Miller’s A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

Quoting directly from  Brogan's blog: "The book is about story, but it’s not exactly a book about writing. It’s about seeing your life like a story. It’s about living a better story. It’s about learning how to be present and interact in your life’s story."

I have to admit, I'm intrigued. I do see my life as a story.  I consider myself truly blessed that when I've been at those points where I know I must make a decision in order to change the story, I've been able to make that decision.  Surely, not on my own strength, never on my own strength. My life is blessed with goodness because of all the folks who have been a part of it, who are now a part of it and who will soon be a part of it.

I'm thinking this book will be inspirational. So Mr. B, I'm looking forward to receiving a copy and passing along the message.

No comments: