Serves four. A new way to serve an old standard - green beans. Easy and delicious gourmet cooking right at home.
Blancher or kettle
Bowl of cold water to cool green beans after blanching
One-half pound fresh green beans (two good handfuls)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Blanch beans for 2 minutes
- (Lacking a blancher: Put enough water in a kettle so that it will cover the beans. Put on medium heat and bring to boil. Add beans and blanch for 2 minutes.)
- Remove beans from water and put into cold water.
- Drain beans.
- Place saute pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil and garlic.
- When oil is warm, add beans.
- Saute, stirring frequently, until beans are crisp-tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs,stir and saute an additional 30 seconds.
- Plate up and enjoy!